Do you know that mold is existing everywhere- be it air or any surface. It has been existing since millions of years on face of Earth. where there is moisture it grow. There are people who might have noticed that they develop allergic symptoms like sneezing, running nose, itchy eyes,throat irritation, wheezing, coughing, or skin irritation when they enter the house but are fine when they are out of the house. This is due to presence of mold.
What is Mold?
Mold is a fungus that grows in the form of multicellular filament like structures. These are microbes and do not form specific division. Molds cause unwanted biodegradation of natural materials. It digests or ‘eat’ the material that it grows on. As said before, it breaks down organic matter of decaying matter such as dead plants, leaves or dead animals.
But with unaided eye mold cannot be seen unless it forms large colonies of interconnected network. Molds are said to remain alive in dormant state depending in species within a large range of temperatures. The species of mold vary depending on tolerance to temperature and humidity. ultraviolet light of the sun inhibits mold growth.
Why inspect for mold?
- Of lately you may have been experiencing allergic reactions, like stuffy nose, headaches, scratchy throat, running nose without any specific reason. Then it is mold for sure but still you are not sure about it. You might feel the smell of mold but it hasn’t been visible to your eye.
- If there are pluming leaks or water issues in your home or office, then get your home inspected.
- There could be traces of mold even after mold removal is done by professional and verify for normalcy.
- If you are doing transactions in real estate then you would need to check out for airborne molds.
- If you are a tenant and need evidence for any mold issues.
- If you want to maintain good air quality for your family so that the air they breathe is clean.
- A black patch on the sides of wall indicates leak in the pipes where the water penetrates the wall keeping it damp promoting growth of mold.
Is it necessary to inspect even if it is visible mold?
Now that you have identified the mold as it was visible to naked eye, do I still need to go for inspecting house? The answer is ‘Yes’. Why? It is to know what kind of mold and whether it is toxic. Usually Black mold is commonly found.
When should I do a mold inspection and mold testing?
- When visible mold is not present, but you can smell mold due to damp air. In this case, a mold inspection and mold test would reveal whether there is indeed elevated mold, and where it is located. It would also further lead to investigating for water leaks, cracks in the wall and damaged pipelines.
- Another situation is when previous mold issues has been resolved and there is a need to verify for levels of molds.
- If the inhabitant is getting recurring allergies which is a health concern, then there is need for mold inspection and mold testing.
What do we do?
- We first investigate if there is mold growing in your home.
- IF we confirm, then go about to check for any water leaks or water issues in your house.
- Once identified the issue, then find ways to rectify the water problem and ensure it does not recur. This is to ensure that there are no future mold attacks.
- If mold is identified, the area is contained so that spores don’t spread. Besides it could release mycotoxins throughout your home. In case the mold colonies are large, it is provided with proper containment for remediation.
- We call in our mold inspectors to do the necessary verification of the identified spots and scan the whole house to check for further ‘likely’ spots in your home.
- They collect samples and send to laboratory for tests so as to give you the lab results.
- Exclusive submission of lab results to the client that is not given by other inspection bodies.
- Comprehensive mold inspection.
- Detection of water problems that causes the mold.
- Verification of cracks as well.
- Samples collected by professional mold inspectors.
- Samples are collected by special equipment like moisture meters and fiber optics.
- Minimum charge of $350 which includes 2 indoor samples and 1 outdoor sample.
- Extra sample is taken up at $50 each.
- Are send to third party.
- Each Report is written only in plain English.
- Written report is submitted with copy attached.
- Conduct air quality tests also.
- Direct surface sample mold testing also available.
- Removal and remedial measures for mold.
- Perform a thorough inspection to check out for mold.
- 100% guaranteed Satisfaction.